All our efforts at First Parish - whether individually, collectively or in concert with other Unitarian Universalist and community groups - support progress toward achievement of our strategy:
To be a spiritual community of seekers sharing a common human journey and committed to the betterment of the world
We are a spiritual community of seekers:
- We inspire compassion for ourselves and others,
- We celebrate diversity of belief and expression,
- We welcome everyone,
- We grow in spirit by opening our minds and hearts,
- We work together, building a loving, just and peace-filled world.
We come together to share a common human journey. We are committed to building a spiritual community built on a foundation of welcome and trust:
- We will deepen our connections through loving speech and deep listening
- We will honor our differences and celebrate each other's gifts.
- We will express our gratitude and assume good intentions.
- We will communicate directly, honestly and compassionately, especially when there is conflict.
- We will try to forgive, make amends, and reconnect in the spirit of love
- We will share our joy, filling the church with laughter.
- We will share our pain and sorrow, lightening those burdens that are too great to bear alone.
- We will encourage one another to grow, opening our minds and hearts to new ideas; challenging our assumptions - having conversations that matter.
- We will share responsibility for fulfilling our vision for our church, our community and our world.